Health Care Embraces Video Conferencing
Enhance Your Healthcare Business With Video Conferencing
Video conferencing has gained popularity in the healthcare industry for its immense benefits to doctors, nurses, hospitals, and patients.The global market is expected to reach $709.16 million by 2026. This important technology allows doctors to meet and treat patients remotely through telecommunications, providing reliable immediate healthcare.
Video conferencing allows everyone involved to benefit from two-way and real-time communication. Healthcare providers can deliver the bestcare to their patients and benefit their businesses.
If you’re considering implementing video conferencing in your facility, this article will give you an insight on why you should go ahead and hopefully convince you.
Benefits of Video Conferencing in Healthcare
Saves on Time and Money for Healthcare Providers and Patients
With video conferencing, doctors can save on traveling for house calls to see their patients. They can conduct consultations, diagnoses, and treatments from their offices.
Travel costs associated with training and meetings where practitioners must visit many hospitals in different locations are reduced.
For patients, they don’t have to incur the cost of traveling to the hospital. Even if they’re in another state, they can still hold video conferences with doctors from the comfort of their homes.
It also saves the time both the doctor and patient would have spent traveling.
Remote Patients Can Access Quality Healthcare Services
One of healthcare major video conferencing advantages is flexibility and improved access. Patients in remote rural areas don’t have to worry about accessing quality medical care in urban areas. They can see their doctor or specialist for consultations, follow-up visits,diagnosis, and remote monitoring.
Additionally, those who are too sick or immobile won’t have to move anywhere, making it easier for them to access quality services without traveling.
Improves the Quality of Services and Customer Satisfaction
With reduced costs and more time, doctors can attend to their patients without worrying about traveling back or how much the visit will cost them. They can offer personalized care and more in-person interaction with their patient than they normally would. Video conferencing improves customer service from initial consultations to post-discharge and post-procedure progress monitoring, regular check-ups, and treatment options advice.
Additionally, it provides a tool for specialists, doctors,researchers, and practitioners to collaborate and offer effective treatment to their patients. Consequently, the patients receive quality customer service and satisfaction.
Communication is the backbone of every business, including healthcare. Andwhere people’s lives are concerned, it’s even more crucial. More than once, video conferencing helped save a patient’s life in emergencies such as a drop in oxygen level saturation. Doctors can recognize the symptoms, instruct what to do, and get immediate attention in such a case.
Doctors and specialists can also communicate and collaborate with other professionals from different hospitals to improve customer service and enhance learning. They can conduct one training session across multiple facilities,discuss treatment methods, share medical skills, and even view and emulate surgeries via video conferencing.
Patients can communicate with their doctor or specialist anytime,anywhere. The improved communication results in improved productivity and better health for your patients.
Offers a Competitive Edge
If you can offer more flexible and accessible healthcare services to your patients, you’ll have a higher competitive edge against your competitors. Like other businesses, the healthcare industry thrives with improved customer service. Patients are the center of business, and their experience can make or break your facility’s success.
If they know, they can reach their doctor anytime regardless of their location, get consultations at the comfort of their homes, post-discharge monitoring, and even quality healthcare for their senior relatives and immobile patients, you’re more likely to keep them loyal to you.
Better still, they’re most likely to come back to you when ever they have other issues or refer others. Either way, video conferencing gives you a competitive advantage, thus more revenue.
Other benefits of healthcare video conferencing include;
- Increases patients’ health awareness
- It allows you to help more patients
- Enhances medical training
- Helps cutback doctors shortage and avoid overworking the ones available
- Offers peace of mind to the patients’ families by making it easy to communicate with the healthcare professionals in matters such as medication instructions, wound dressing, etc
Where To Use Healthcare Video Conferencing
Now that you’ve understood how video conferencing can benefit both you and your patients, here are scenarios where you can implement the technology.
- Medical Training: If you’re looking to train your staff on medical skills or other training, you can do it through video conferencing. It is especially helpful when the participants are from different facilities. You can organize for one session instead of several and save time and costs.
- Consultations: When a patient makes an appointment for an initial consultation, you can conduct one via video conferencing. This way, the doctor can offer personalized service to the patient, review the patient’s medical history then determine whether they need to visit the facility for physical examinations or not. They can also offer nutritional advice, give a diagnosis, prescribe treatment or further tests, etc
- Post-Discharge Follow-up: After discharge or a procedure, a doctor or specialist can follow up on the patient through video conferencing. They can monitor their progress, give medication instructions, and address concerns from family members and caregivers.
- Staff Communication: Communication between your employees is crucial for proper patient care. A small facility may not face major challenges, but for large hospitals serving thousands of clients, it might be difficult for your staff to communicate effectively. Video conferencing enables them to communicate without moving from wing to wing or room to another one. They’ll not only communicate effectively but also collaborate efficiently and improve their productivity.
Video Conferencing Will Change the Way You Do Business
In the healthcare industry, regular communication is vital. It could save a patient’s life. However, traveling to meet your patients is expensive—in terms of cash and time. Also, your staff needs to communicate during training,collaboration, and other day-to-day activities. Video conferencing is an all-around solution that enables you to provide quality services and save on your expenses.